I would like to write one cautionary note about the DDB file system:  Back
up your DDB's often.
Of course, you should be doing this with all your files....but we all know
that already ;)

I have had a few DDBs get corrupted, and there really isn't any fix for
them that I know of.  Be prepared to lose every file in the DDB, although
you usually won't.  Please don't depend on the the Fix Database option- it
usually doesn't help much/do anything.
Usually the scenario goes like this:  Client99se simply blows up upon
opening a DDB, or upon attempting to access one of the files inside.  This
can happen most unexpectedly and totally without warning.  Repeated
attempts to load the file by any means typically fail.
I have often fantasized about repairing a DDB by opening it with MS Access
and re-saving it, but I don't know what the password is these days. (Anyone?)

Other than that little problem the DDB method works well generally.

And Ian, I certainly couldn't imagine life without the synchronizer :)

-Frank

At 08:20 AM 7/19/2001 -0400, Jeff Adolphs wrote:
>I apologise for not mentioning in the string: next rev of PCB and
>Schematics.....that I am using the windows file system.
>
>1.  What is the advantage of data base format over windows file system (I'm
>sorry I know you have discussed this in the past when I did not have 99SE)?
>I like the windows file system because I can look at the file folder and see
>what is going on.

Frank Gilley
Dell-Star Technologies
(918) 838-1973 Phone