At 02:06 PM 7/19/01 -0400, Jeff Adolphs wrote:
>Do you have any problems with Data Base Files crashing? I was thinking
>maybe the reason I had a data base corrupt was because I was using the
>Windows File System. I want to use which ever is more stable.

It is not clear to me that either system is significantly more stable than
the other. However, corruption of the "database" in the Windows File System
only corrupts a small file containing pointers; it would not affect the
design files. You can actually open up the WFS .ddb file and edit it.

The Access system does put all your eggs in one basket, it would seem, but
having regular automatic backups makes it no more risky than anything else
you do with your hard drive. You can even set the backups to go on a
different drive, or across a network.

I do an autobackup every 15 minutes. That means that if the database were
corrupted, all I would lose would be fifteen minutes of work. There are
*also* backups made every time a file is overwritten. So save often. But I
haven't lost a file since a long time ago.....

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
P.O. Box 690
El Verano, CA 95433