draw pimitives (lines) on the planes around the perimeter to exclude
copper in those areas
the keepout doesn't limit the plane copper

you generally want more than a few mils back off from the boundary, we
usually place a 50 mil line on the center of the outline on the plane
layer

we generally do not use the keepout for the outline, sometimes they
coincide, sometimes you want the keepout a little smaller or just
different

to avoid redrawing all the plane primitives just copy them and paste on
current layer (the other plane(s)

the keepout generally, at least for us, has no significance to the board
shop

good luck

Dennis Saputelli