At 05:39 PM 11/9/01 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>and to add another question to the confusion....
>
>What happens if you have two Protel Licenses and buy 1 ATS?
>
>It might be affordable then.

It might be illegal then....

Sure, you'd get the CD for the upgrade, but if you really want to save some
money, just get a friend to give you a copy. Illegal, but why not go
two-for-one?

You can upgrade/maintain only one license, I am sure, but you would have
only one license for the new version, not two.

It is looking like it *will* be affordable, my guess right now is that the
upgrade from 99SE to the next version is going to be about what the upgrade
was from 98 to 99, not much more.

Problem is, this is a guess, time will tell how educated it is. I have no
special inside information. Because of my situation supporting second-hand
license sales, I am going to be asking for some hints from my contacts in
Altium. At that time I might know something I won't be able to announce,
we'll see how far I get.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA