On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Ian Wilson wrote:

> I think it is a bug.  Pure and simple.

Yeah - I think so, too. At least, I'd like to see it fixed, in case a
similar bug _is_ crapping elsewhere. If nothing else, it would make me
more sure that some phantom loss-of-changes I've been seeing recently are
my fault, not Protels.

Abdul - the reason I'm running with multiple schematics of the same name
is that often I'll be working on a design when a customer calls with a
question about an older version, or I'll be working on a new revision of
an older design, while referencing the previsou iteration - in both cases,
the sheet names will clash, and the bug will happen. Changing all subsheet
names to reflect the version number would be a pain, and I'm not keen.

What I'd _really_ like would be
"open_whole_project_as_read_only_and_beep_when_violated_dammit" - when
looking at a project that's gone to fab, I'd like to be very, very sure
that I can't make changes to it...

(If anyone's trying to replicate this at Protel, (and I hope they are),
please note that I'm running with files, not Access DB (which I wouldn't
trust as far as I could throw it - no evidence, but being unable to drag
schematics out of a corrupted / confused database would be a nightmare.))

Cheers, all.

  Steve