(1) I also open 2 revisions of the same design not infrequently, which
therefore have matching schematic sheet names, and would be horrified to
find Protel changing the one that I was NOT working on at the time!

(2) Whenever a design goes to fab, I make a directory of all the relevant
files & mark them all read-only (via the OS).  Since I use the ddb, there's
just one main one, but I typically include the exported & zipped CAM files,
schematic PDF prints, and assorted documentation that matches.  This is the
best guarantee that I can go back & find out the exact state at the time we
fab'd it.  The current Protel version is quite happy opening the read-only
ddb, although I sometimes get tired of OKing the prompt it puts up.

<snip>