But if I rename the schematic sheets, I also have to update all links to
that sheet from higher levels in my hierarchy.  Yuk!  I just let the ddb
filename carry the version number, so it's always clear from the window
title which one I'm looking at.  (Each ddb also includes a 'change log'
where I keep brief notes of changes as I make them; and each version will be
in it's own (OS) folder along with other relevant files.)