"Watnoski, Michael" wrote:

>         Thanks for all your attempts.  I still have the problem with the
> .drl file .  I may not have explained it clearly.  The origin and zero
> suppression were set correctly, as was the data format.  The holes appear to
> be the right size, they are usually just placed in the lower left hand
> corner of the design.  Some of the holes are in approximately the right
> relative position, though many are not.  I would hope that the output format
> from protel would be an industry standard so that a conversion would not be
> necessary to use a common viewer.  I usually prefer to check the outputs
> with a viewer from a nonrelated vendor for a confidence check.

My .txt drill files use trailing zero suppression - if yours are the
same format (and I don't recall anyplace in Protel to set the drill
format), and the Gerber viewer is expecting leading zero suppression,
this would put most holes down in the bottom left of the workspace -
only holes requiring three digits after the decimal would be where they
belong.

(my Gerber files use leading zero suppression. A coordinate of 01.500
would come out as 1500 in Gerbers, and 015 in the drill file...)

--
Peter Bennett
TRIUMF