At 08:33 AM 11/14/01 -0800, Peter Bennett wrote:
>The drill file is always generated using screen coordinates - if you
>have a hole at 1000, 1000 on the screen, it will be at 1000, 1000 in the
>drill file.

No, it is optionally set at absolute coordinates or what Mr. Bennett
described, which is relative coordinates. Same for the gerbers

>When generating Gerbers, there is an option to "Center plots on film"
>which is checked by default - if that is checked, the coordinates in the
>Gerber files will be adjusted to place the board in the center of the
>plotter film.  This will, of course, cause the drill file to not align
>with the Gerbers.
>
>Uncheck "Center plots on film", regenerate the Gerbers, and everything
>should line up.

Assuming that both outputs are set to the same coordinate system.

Center plots on film should *not* be the default. Photoplotters will center
the output anyway, but centering really screws up every coordinate.
Frankly, I'd get rid of the "feature," but, certainly, I would not have it
be the default.

More attention could be paid to this area of the program....

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA