Michael,
        well you have got me. I have seen what you are describing many times
with many different CAD packages and every single time it is one of the
configuration formats for the drill data (or the gerber data). To check
which is wrong I usually do a measurment in the CAM tool to see which is
right, gerber or drill. Short of what has been suggested by myself or
others, I am at a loss.

        Yes, I too always check Gerber usuing an independant CAm tool.
Sometimes two CAM tools before I am satisfied.

        I am sure there is a configuration problem because I have no problem
with my Protel Gerber or Drill output. One thing to remember, is the problem
always the same even though you had changed settings? Are your Gerbers going
to the directory that you expected outside of the database? Check you file
dates and times to make sure you are seeing the latest Gerbers when you are
changing things. I hate the way the external directory is set within the
Protel menu and not in the actual CAM file where it would be saved with the
file. Many times I am chasing problems which don't seem to change just
because the files are going somewhere other then where I expected them to
go.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer