One thing I didn't realise until yesterday was that whilst it is not
possible to copy PCB art to the windows clipboard from the PCB editor, it is
possible to copy the print preview of the PCB to the clipboard (Protel help
topic):

Copying from the preview window to other applications

Select Edit » Copy from the Print/Preview menus to copy the current printout
to the Windows clipboard. You can then paste the image into other
applications that support the Windows clipboard, such as Microsoft Word.
Note: The image is copied from the preview to the clipboard as an enhanced
metafile. You can also export the printouts as either standard or enhanced
WMF files.

 ©Protel International 1999. All rights reserved.

So for those people without Acrobat Writer this could be an alternative.