> Initially on the new machine all printing activity from within Protel
would
> cause a crash, from experience we know that protel is very sensitive to
> graphics cards (surely not the fault of protel), so changing it sorted
some
> of the crashes (its now the same as the first machine)

Actually the crash when printing issue is a Protel bug. It seems they have
poor (or no) error recovery from an open printer call to a non-existant
printer driver. This is especially in the PCB print preview. The revocery
method that seems to work best was to remove all printers from thesystem
then add the printers back.

Most of the bugs I have found in Protel have been lack of good error
recovery more than logic errors, although if I want to get picky I could go
into all the dialog boxes with useless tab orders.

Rob