> I'm curious.
>
> How many upgraded to Protel 99 SE and thus do not have the "Protel 99 SE
> Designer's Handbook", and how many people do have it?
>
> How many of the people with the Designer's Handbook feel the simulator,
> signal integrity and PLD are poorly documented?

To the extreme...

futzing about trying to figure out a feature burns man-hours which costs
money. I have enjoyed using Sim on some simple jobs but have failed to use
it on larger jobs due to the lack of adequate supporting docos and
consequent difficulty in setting up models.

The relevance of this to the current discussion is that if Prottle are going
to charge exorbitant maint fees for all of the fluff that is in the package
then they should SUPPLY a fully functional package, NOT just PROMISE some
abstract user nirvana. We have been living on the promise since Autotrax.

Functional in this case consists of:
1. Suited to task
2. Reliable & stable
3. Documented