what mike r. was suggesting, which i think is a great idea even though i
don't do it that way myself is the following:
don't panelize the the main layout itself, just draw all the fussy
details of the panel, breakaways etc.
then let the bd shop insert the images as instructed

this was you can have your cake and eat it and you don't need to
maintain a separate 'single' copy for DRC

one time (not using the above method) we panelized a board and one trace
didn't get in the clipboard
half the bds had one trace missing

Dennis Saputelli