it really isn't that simple, at least for us
we can almost never let the bd shop panelize because it just won't come
out the way we want

in the case of a repeated rectangular array of bds with nothing hanging
over the edges, sure maybe

assuming we are talking about a 'panel' that can ride thru the wave
solder and/or reflow oven then the features and dimensions of such an
assembly panel are very different from a 'fab' panel

we often have a 'panel' of interrelated bds which make a 'set' for a
given unit
the bds have no particular dimensional commonality and often have big
parts reaching into each other's space which have to be carefully
crafted

also the breakaway details can rarely be left to the fab house unless it
is a very simple situation
even then you have to allow extra room for the traces near the
breakaways so they don't tear

many of our bds have BNCs sticking out well over an inch past the bd
edge
we usually provide a big pc of bd material under those that breaks away
it adds a lot of sq inches and cost but beats the cost of hand soldering
them

one time we had a big bd with a large cutout in the corner
trying to save work we put a big note in the corner instructing to leave
material there and provide some tabs to break it away
on the first spin a good shop missed it and the corner was fully cutout
we called
on the next spin they provided the material and tabs but they were too
flimsy for our needs
on the third spin they got it right
we moved the board to another shop and it came with a big cutout

from now on we will draw all the tab features

these kind of details make it tough
Dennis Saputelli