At 01:20 PM 1/11/2002 -0500, Matt Pobursky wrote:
>However, you can request a demo CD of Protel 99SE from Altium and
>that can be used to view your files. It will be a limited
>function version (I'm not sure of the limitations though).

It can be used, but only for 30 days. This is less than satisfactory. It is
*not*, however, limited in function, it is full-function. It's a product
demo, not a viewer.

For PCB, I recommend generating the gerber and suggesting that the customer
use one of the many free gerber viewers. They can even use CAMtastic, and
you could send them a CAMtastic file instead of gerbers.

A good viewer would be better though, especially if it allowed examination
of net attributes. Protel should make the demo default to a viewer after 30
days, thus serving multiple purposes. In fact, I'd recommend that the demo
install as a viewer; at any time the user could convert it to
full-function, which would then expire in 30 days. This would allow a
company to use it as a demo for quite some time and *then* decide to
seriously consider purchase, with no complications.

It is sufficient to restrict certain kinds of file writing and output,
there is no need to make the expired demo *useless*.

For schematic, yes, Acrobat. I got a copy of pdfwriter with my digital
camera....

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA