Hey, you guys rock! :>

        Thanks so much to all of you for the helpful feedback concerning the
resistor question I posted the other evening. Doing a handful of designs
layouts in Protel thus far has been a big learning experience, I can
defiantly say I agree with creating the custom footprints/landpatterns that
multiple folks mentioned. After getting a DB25 connector footprint back on
a prototype featuring 30 mil holes for the mechanical locking clips (ouch!)
rather than something more like 90's, I have been extremely careful with
double-checking all footprints I lay down.

        It's good to know that most folks simply prefer to create most footprints
from scratch rather than hunting them down. Glad to also hear that I wasn't
just missing something or doing something wrong - you usually tend to
assume it's a problem with the user when commercial software doesn't act as
it's supposed/intended to. :>

        Also, thanks for all of the varied responses, suggestions, and comments
concerning the resistor arrays, suggestions for footprint layout,
laser-printer 1:1 prints for double-checking, manufacturing suggestions,
and all of the other amazingly helpful material. I really wish I'd found
this list sooner!

Very best regards,
-- Matt