In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, ElectronTrade (info)
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
>Hi All,
>
>WT> There is also an add-on called klipper - distibuted by desktop-eda
>WT> (www.desktop-eda.com.au) - which allows:
>
>I know and sell all these tools to my customers. But I was asked about
>FREE viewer for binary or ASCII files. Like free P-CAD 2001 viewer.
>
>So I understand what Protel forgotten to dvelop it. I have programmer
>who can develop it. We've developped WinView for viewing binary sch,
>pcb, sym, prt P-CAD 4.5 files and sell it in Russia with success. It
>has English interface so anyone outside Russia can buy and use it.
>Now we can develop same program for Protel. ASCII formal is open. We
>can nderstand binary one.
>
>Are customers really need it? Will they buy it? Price about $100.
>
>I want to know opnion of this forum.

Most high end or industry standard software tools include a free viewer
for distribution to customers. It is high time Protel offered something
like this now it has a wide customer base. It should allow for viewing,
printing of different layers, and some basic measurements of track
lengths, pad sizes etc. This has at least been my requirements of the
Veribest Viewer (which would not allow measurements of track lengths to
be taken, I had to do those on a Gerber viewer!).
Customers using a Protel Bureau service will need it, but not
necessarily want to pay for a viewer.

Regards
--
David Want