At 09:40 PM 1/17/2002 +0300, ElectronTrade (info) wrote:
>Are customers really need it? Will they buy it? Price about $100.
>
>I want to know opnion of this forum.

Well, I'll give my opinion. Given that other publishable and
freely-viewable formats exist, I'd see no market for a Protel file viewer.
If the viewer also allowed full access to the database (such as being able
to see design rules, net assignments, etc.), *maybe* that opinion would
change. I would not advise putting programming effort into this.

Writing translators would be more fruitful, I'd think. For starters,
writing a translator for Protel Schematic to OrCAD would be useful, and it
is almost done. Protel will write an OrCAD SDT schematic, and the Protel
library ASCII format files are *almost* the same as SDT schematic files. It
should be fairly simple to cross the gap.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA