At 10:14 AM 1/31/2002 +1100, Ian Wilson wrote:
I personally would like to see the Association raise its profile and create
a www site of its own complete with archives of the forum, better www
access, better searching etc, server uploads and downloads (without any
copyright issues) etc etc.  I admit I am a bit touchy about the
mail-archive thing. Rant mode off.)

Right now we have a series of association lists on yahoogroups. Those are
standard advertising-supported lists used for various purposes, including
the archive. *If* one of these lists is open to the public (i.e., you don't
have to be a member to read the list on the web and, most particularly, to
download files from the filespace, then there are copyright issues
regarding the files according to some readings of the yahoogroups user
agreement. So the files for [EMAIL PROTECTED] were made
accessible to members only. It's easy to join, and you could even set your
mail for web-only if you didn't want to actually receive that list, though
why one would want to receive this list and not that one is a bit beyond me.

Beyond that, a few months back I reserved protel-users.org on behalf of the
association, after I found that protelusers.com, .net, and .org was owned
by your friends and mine, apparently bought last May about the time that we
were creating the independent archives. Weird.

Someone could donate a host, or it would cost me $54 per year to set up a
100MB site 4 Gig transfer on addr.com since we started using that host
enough to make it worthwhile to become a reseller. This account would have
full shell/FTP access.

The money is not the problem, time is the problem. When we have someone to
manage the site, we'll have the site.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA