From: Peter Bennett [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2002 10:58 AM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Warning: Unconnected net label

Abd ul-Rahman Lomax wrote:

> At 02:49 PM 1/30/2002 -0800, Peter Bennett wrote:
> >I recalled having a problem with [0..15] vs [15..0] in the past, but
> >checked a recent job and found I had used both orders on it (for
> >different busses).
>
> *Were these busses connected through ports/sheet entries?* If not then
the
> bus names may be irrelevant. At least that is my question....

No - these were two independent busses: AD[7..0] and /DB[1..24] - both
busses went over a couple of sheets, using port connections, and the
board worked, so Protel 99SE must have accepted both ascending and
descending orders.

Looking closely at the schematics, it seems I wasn't consistent with the
order on one bus, and Protel still made the right connections.  On the
processor schematic, I use AD[0..7], but the project sheet and the sheet
containing the destination of the bus use AD[7..0].  Despite this, AD0
connects to the right pins at both ends!

--
Peter Bennett
TRIUMF