At 01:41 PM 1/31/2002 +0200, Juha Pajunen wrote:
>How to IMPORT gerber files to Protel99SE so
>that they look SAME like in Camtastic?
>I made Gerbers from Protel99SE and checked them
>with Camtastic and all seems to be OK.
>I would also like to look Gerber files with Protel99SE,
>so I IMPORTED them to Protel99SE with FILE->import->
>Gerber Batch (*.G??). Everything loaded OK, there are
>all layers. I looked SOLDER MASK wich IS NOT what is
>should be. Can anyone tell me how to load Gerbers to
>Protel99SE so that they are what thay should be.

Solder mask layers are calculated layers, plus you can place primitives on
them. If you do the batch import, you will get primitives on the solder
mask layer from the solder mask film. *Plus* you will see, in Protel, the
calculated pads from your corresponding top and bottom copper layers. If
you set the Design/Rules/Manufacturing/Solder Mask Expansion board scope
design rule to give a large negative expansion (larger than the radius of
any of your pads), so that the pads would be tented, the pads that remain
would be the actual imported pads, i.e., what was plotted.

If you keep an empty board file around with that design rule, name it
GerberImport.pcb, you can use this for batch imports.

You can also individually import the files to a non-calculated layer and
see them without this complication.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA