Yes, in my case it was clearly a space issue. I cannot fit two big CRTs on
my desk, so I went the LCD route. (And yes, they do look damn cool) Plus,
since i work from home, I have more energy savings, less heat in the summer,
etc.

(of course I kinda like the heat CRTs generate when it's winter time)

Tony