i don't think this is too OT (LCD mons)
but i did delete the recent posts, sorry

so what is (or rather what was said about) the coolest largest LCD mon
du jour?
and are you using analog or digital interface?

also what is the MTBF on the backlight?
is it comparable to a CRT?
those CCFT's don't like a lot of power cycles so screen blanking may not
help all that much

Dennis Saputelli