Bob,

Try looking at one other thing .... if you are comparing apples to apples
and have the same file on two machines.   Make sure one file did not create
1000 soldermask rules for each pad.  I had boards from other designer which
I imported to ddb and when it created soldermask rules ( I checked yes) when
it asked me to.  Performance can greatly slow down with extra design rules

Mike Reagan
EDSI
Frederick Md