At 12:42 PM 2/20/2002 -0800, JaMi Smith wrote:

>(Go ahead, ask Protel what
>an RF Choke is, and how to make one in Protel).

Printed components tend to not have fixed sizes, unless they have fixed
values or functions. If one wanted to make an RF choke footprint, one would
have to have a separate footprint for each value, with variations on that
for various choke parameters.

Instead, one would provide a wizard for generating such parts; feed the
wizard the PCB parameters -- which is already in the PCB file --, type of
pattern, desired parameters, and the wizard would attempt to create a
pattern that satisfied the conditions. I have in the past been given
dimensions for creating series of certain narrowly defined parts, the
dimensions came from work with a field solver or other similar programs.
(I'm not an RF engineer, but I work closely with one.)

All this would fit very nicely into the Protel mission, but it is not a
simple piece of work.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA