At 11:29 AM 2/20/2002 -0500, Darryl Newberry wrote:
>Shame on me for working too hard. Shame on me for not hitting Alt-F-S more
>often. Shame on me for not having auto-save turned on because database
>sharing doesn't work right and I didn't want to accidentally overwrite the
>other guy's work...but...SHAME ON PROTEL FOR PROVIDING UNSTABLE, FLAKY-ASS,
>SO-CALLED "PROFESSIONAL" "ENGINEERING" SOFTWARE THAT ROBS ME OF MY TIME aND
>my BEAUTY SLEEP!

Been there, done that, except for the sharing part. I'd recommend, to work
on the files in a shared database, locking it in the database (making it
read-only, which may involved moving it to a directory where permissions
can be manipulated) and then moving it to one's own, not shared, ddb. It
could then be moved back when done, and autosave would not cause a problem.
But since I have not personally faced this problem, I'm just another
back-seat driver, this may not work or there may be easier ways.

There used to be a problem that if one had stacked commands -- if you want
to know about stacked commands -- autosave would be disabled, I found out
to my regret, perhaps about four hours worth of regret. I don't know that
this has been fixed, it is not necessarily easy to fix. The reason is that
stacked commands mean that one is in the middle of changing the PCB, and
Protel did not want the file to be saved until it an individual edit was
done. I can't say that I disagree with that, but Protel should have given
us warning, after a decent pause, that autosave was unable to function
because we had pending commands. *That* would not have been difficult, I
would think.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA