I am looking for a way to display one of the library fields in Schematic
(other than "Library Reference", that gets copieed into "Part Type").
It seems strange to me that this is not easy but only the "Part Fields"
are available for display and these are not stored in the Library.

I am not a Macro expert but I have considered if it is possible to do
this with a Macro and not been able to find a way.  Has anyone else
wanted to do this?  I have been trying for about 6 or 7 years and the
only way that I have found is to use dCSM ( a third party add-on)  that
is too complicated and expensive for me.

I did find that I could use "Part Field Name 1" in a contrived way but
the setting of default primitives is buggy so this is very tedious as
the "Field Names" flag has to be set every time a part is placed and the
* in the default for the Part Field itself has to be deleted!

I want this so I can sometimes display the part number automatically on
the schematic.

Any suggestions.

Hugh.

PS Is there a FAQ for the Forum yet?