I've seen this quite often. I'm not sure if it works, but I tend to restart my
machine at the end of every working day, and when I quit my copy of Protel
99SESP6, I leave the PC to get on with it - I don't for example hop around
other applications while it's shutting down. I'm still paranoid about memory
leaks in Windows of old.

I do find Protel freezes or crashes a great deal less often than on other
operating systems.

I'm running Win2kPro with Protel 99SESP6 on an 800MHz Athlon with 1GByte of
memory.