Just to clarify - i have some footprints with a space in the name from 10-12
years ago; but i stopped using spaces in footprint names several years back.
I am in agreement with others that the underscore is more appropriate and
this is how I currently name new footprints.  I haven't been bit by the
"update from library" bug...  but that is probably just dumb luck.   There
have been a number of times that I rued using spaces in footprint names,  if
for no other reason than the name sorting is screwed up when a space is
used.
Duane Foster