At 03:50 PM 3/19/2002 -0500, Bob Wolfe wrote:
>Abdul-Rahman wrote
> > Which could be quite a disaster. Files should be interchangeable between
> > users, the OrCAD port setting being an example of what can go wrong.
>
>Abdul-Rahman,
>Welcome back, if you're burried no problem, the sauce got you eh?? but what
>is this
>OrCAD port setting issue?? Or maybe someone else. I have been running into
>an issue
>now where no matter what sync process I use I cannot get
>some nets to connect across sheets properly in OrCAD schematics
>imported.

Schematic: Tools/Preferences/OrCAD (TM) Ports.

Be careful with this setting, because if you leave it and then load a
schematic that you have done without this setting, the connectivity can be
damaged.

I don't remember enough about this to give a detailed description, but this
setting has to do with the length of port symbols. Bottom line, when you
import an OrCAD schematic, you may need to examine all the ports to verify
that the port symbols correctly connect to their wires. (They might, for
example, be overlapping the wire, which you might not be able to see unless
you move the port; ports must connect on their hot spot to a wire
termination or junction or symbol pin hot spot.)

General advice when importing schematics: generate a net list from the
original schematic, in Tango or Protel format, if possible. This can then
be compared with the net list you get in Protel after import and any
differences can be investigated. (There is a net list comparison tool in
Schematic under Reports.)

Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA