At 12:22 PM 3/22/2002 -0500, Bob Wolfe wrote:
>Thanks for the help, actually beside doing the ERC,
>the final check I do now to verify connectivity is having
>the OrCAD ver 9.1 tool output a Tango netlist (since it does not do Protel)
>then when I have the shematic imported into Protel I output a Tango netlist
>and compare them. This also catches the power nets that have two names as
>stated above.

Yes, I'm grateful that when Protel gave us the synchronizer, they did not
eliminate the net list output. If two schematics produce the same net list,
ignoring net names, the sequence of nets, and the sequence of pins within
nets, they *are* the same. The net list tool needs to compare sets of
nodes, net names are only for reference; after all, they aren't usually
fabbed into the board!

I wrote a netlist comparison tool for Tango for problems like this; I
sorted each net by the ASCII order of the pin names, and then the nets by
the ASCII order of the first node in each net, so the sequence in the final
list did not depend at all on the net names. It was a quick-and-dirty tool,
the Protel comparison tool is better.

Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA