Bryn,
        I cannot recall exactly what the problem is but Protel does have
some issue with lower case letters in library parts. Again this is something
that forced me to change a bunch of library part/footprint names shortly
after starting to use Protel. It fails at some less then everyday function
if I remember correctly. I do agree though that it should use lower case
letters.
        Again Protel if you are listening, restrict the use of
non-functional characters in the naming of library components. Hell it is so
simple only an inexperienced fool would not have limited it in the initial
stages of programming.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com

See us at Booth S8155 at NAB 2002 in Las Vegas April 8 - 11.