Abd ul-Rahman Lomax wrote:

> At 12:22 PM 3/22/2002 -0500, Bob Wolfe wrote:
> >Thanks for the help, actually beside doing the ERC,
> >the final check I do now to verify connectivity is having
> >the OrCAD ver 9.1 tool output a Tango netlist (since it does not do Protel)
> >then when I have the shematic imported into Protel I output a Tango netlist
> >and compare them. This also catches the power nets that have two names as
> >stated above.
>
> Yes, I'm grateful that when Protel gave us the synchronizer, they did not
> eliminate the net list output. If two schematics produce the same net list,
> ignoring net names, the sequence of nets, and the sequence of pins within
> nets, they *are* the same. The net list tool needs to compare sets of
> nodes, net names are only for reference; after all, they aren't usually
> fabbed into the board!

Yes, for a number of reasons.  When things don't sync properly, it is
sometimes easiest to search out the component in the netlist to see what
the pin names (called numbers, ha ha) are to find the problem.  Sometimes
it is obvious from the display in the synchronizer, but sometimes you can
only see the components that are not being matched, but don't know why.
Also, when the netlist is obviously wrong (like half the chips aren't connected

to ground) you can scan the netlist and figure out by the pattern what has gone

wrong (ie. ports not connected or named correctly on master sheet).  Without
any way to see the netlist, I would feel like I was flying blind!

Jon