The .ldb is a "lock" file created by Access when Protel opens a ddb, and is
deleted when Protel closes the ddb.

If you want to back up all your "settings", besides all the *99se.* files in
your Winxx directory, there are one or more files in the
\designExplorer\system\ directory as well, such as advroute.ini.