From: Mike Reagan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2002 2:01 PM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] computer pauses

Tim
Recently I had the same delays  happen to me  for unknown reasons.   I tried
all of the ussual tricks suggested and performance was still sluggish.  I
have been working with 99SE since it came out so I knew what slow was.     I
had been shuffling a file on  a zip drive back and forth from a computer at
my office and one at my clients office.  Both computers were in the 500- 600
mhz range, the generic computer  at my clients offfice was always faster
because it was equiped with more ram and a better video card.  My computer
is a Compaq  which I would never recommend fot this type of work, but Best
Buy lost mine and replaced it with a compaq.

Anyway,  my performance was still dogging so I went extreme.   I am not sure
which of the following cured the delay problem.
1. I defragmented the hard drive using  Mejenix Fix it Utilities.   Great
tools    I highly recommend them
2. I defragemented the Registries.
3. cleaned the regestries
4. copied the pcb and client  ini and rcs files from my clients computers to
my machine

One of the above cured the delay.  but not sure which was the cure.    My
performace was restored to 0-60  ,  but couldnt tell you what the real fix
is.  The delay is gone, but next time I am going to use steps 1-4 again
without hesitation

Good Luck

Mike Reagan