At 03:50 PM 3/21/2002 -0500, Mike Reagan wrote:
>Tim,
>I am not sure what the rcs file is ....I heard some mention of it on this
>forum last month.    Any  help out there as what the rcs file is......it
>looks like an ini type file when I  opened it

The *99SE.* files in your Windows or WINNT directory are text files which
control various settings for the programs.

They are text files, you can read them with Notepad or Wordpad.

The .rcs file seems to provide menus.
The .dft file sets default primitives for Schematic.
The .syn files are text editor syntax files.
The .ndr file sets up "no document" menus, apparently help files.
The .raf file is a Resource Allocation File.
The .ini files contain other configuration settings for the various servers.

There is also an .ldb file, I couldn't open it because it was in use (I had
99SE open with open job files).

There are other users with more experience studying and using these files,
perhaps they will chime in. If this was Tango and the question was about
.ini and .dfn files, I could give you every detail ... :-), but Protel has
rarely required me to get so involved in the nuts and bolts.

My e-mail program, Eudora, warned me that this mail was likely to offend
some readers. It underlined "in the nuts." :-) It's been a long day....

Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA