Paul Holland wrote:

> Thanks Mike,
>
> I think our issue really is how some components managed to get moved outside
> the PCB workspace.
> I can feel some lengthy manual checks coming on..... :-)

The most common source of this is to leave something selected when you
select and move another object.  You can VERY easily move an objecty
into negative coordinate space.  I don't know how to move objects to
extremely large positive coordinates, except maybe when the entire
workspace is displayed on the screen, which Protel occasionally does,
especially with a "new PCB" document.  I would expect that you'd know
something was wrong when you did a "Zoom All" and your board was
a little smudge in the lower left corner.  Also, the Gerber output should
give a consistant "film is too small" error.

Jon