At 08:30 AM 3/28/2002 +0000, Paul Holland wrote:
>As far as reporting the issue to Protel direct, we are just checking that
>our client is happy for us to send the rogue design to them. If not, I will
>send my little semi-recreation.

There is no need to send Protel your working file. This bug can be
reproduced by creating a schematic with two components wired together, then
Update PCB and once the parts are on the PCB, select all and move one out
of the workspace by dragging the other. That's your problem file. The
connection lines disappear, DRC reports no error (since it thinks there are
no nets to be routed). Update PCB, however does appear to recognise that
the pads are present in the PCB. *If you move the offending part back into
the workspace, the problem remains.* It is possible, however, that saving
and reloading the file will recover proper behavior, I haven't tested it.