> Prior to doing any selection operation I always invoke my own little
> prayer that starts with X (deselect), A (all).
> Your suggestion on the zoom document (I use (Z)zoom (A)all) was also
> my exact thought for dealing with the components (or anything else)
outside
> of the board outline as well.

I too instinctively utter the same incantation ( amongst many four letter
ones ;-) to the great prottle beast in order to reduce the possibility of
unpredictable moves off the end of the A3 earth.

Strikes me that it would be so much easier if prottle ( on ALL of the
system ) followed the usual windows convention of <shift>+LMB+drag to add to
a selection & LMB+drag to set a selection.   This way you could reliably
clear a selection by dragging on an empty space.

Cheers

Don

Yahoo!!! 1 day to go & then NO Computers for days & days & days   Ahhhh
Bliss...