From: Jon Elson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2002 3:50 PM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Footprint pads moving during or after
copy/paste/move processes.

JaMi Smith wrote:

> Brad,
>
> Yes, and it can be quite common if you are not careful.
>
> Sometimes I will select a PAD and think I have a COMPONENT, and the
> result is that I will move that PAD independent of the COMPONENT,
either
> by dragging it or changing its location in a dialogue box,
irrespective
> of primitives being locked or not.

This is scary.  I generally click in the center of the component, as I
usually do NOT want to edit the pad, but the component.  But, sometimes,
especially when there is netlist trouble, I click on the pad to see the
net
name
more clearly than the way it is drawn over the pad.  Scary to think you
can

move the pad with a bobble on the mouse button!

Jon