From: Ian Wilson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 18 April 2002 13:01
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] FW: Access violation -- Is it a Protel bug?

Thanks Dave,

One more thing, can you try creating a netlist and then try loading that
into a PCB using the Netlist Manager | Netlist Load command (as opposed to
using the Update PCB synchroniser).  Does it crash?  This would then
confirm Shuping's bug and the proposed bug database entry.  Probably, be a
good idea not to have too many other important files open when you do this
:-)

Sounds like there are lots of reasons to avoid using footprints that are
blank (that is have no entities).

Ian Wilson

On 03:33 AM 18/04/2002 -0700, Buckley.Dave said:
>I have tried to reproduce this behaviour by creating a schematic symbol
>which is associated with footprint "BLANK".
>No ERC errors in the schematic.
>Generating a PCB using "PCB WIZARD" and using "UPDATE PCB" does not cause a
>problem.
>The updated PCB displays two of 6 components (not including the "BLANK")
the