Brad, don't forget there are many different Protel users (and uses) on this
list ... many doing prototypes, or working in (very) small companies.  The
proto houses I've used don't want PDFs or (heaven forbid!) paper printouts,
just the Gerbers.  So if they want to "see" the drill drawing, they better
have CAD/CAM software!

And the "loading dock" is my office, and I check the boards.

<snip>