Hi all,

I need to split a design that is presently one pcb into two.  I will have to
add interconnect connectors, etc.  Can this be done more readily in the
gerber phase by cut and pasting two different board designs into one?  I
want the two boards to be fabbed at the same time and scored so that I can
just break them apart.  I ask the question because if I do this in the
schematic on the same design, I will have to rename a bunch of signals that
go to the connectors.  Also, the final version of this board will be one
pcb, so that if I do not muck with the signal names (common names between
the two split boards) then I should be able to include those pages into the
schematic and the combined schematic should be fine.  Am I going down the
right path?

thanks,

Mike Reynolds
Blazie Engineering, a division of Freedom Scientific
2850 SE Market Place
Stuart, FL 34997
561-223-6443   FAX 561-223-6413