> I would do more simulation if there were more and better models for the
> chips I want to use.  Also, if the simulator software was easier to use
(not
> talking about just Protel here).

Or at least well documented ( even just adequately documented ;-)

Anybody know of a good reference book which is applicable to the Spice
dialect which prottle is using?

> A lot of the designs I work on are mixed-signal, not strictly analog or
> digital.  It's not easy to simulate these types of systems.  Of the analog
> components, very few have good models.
> To gather and generate all the models I need would take a lot of time.  I
> can't justify it for the return on time investment.

Sums it all up for us too.  If we had better access to applicable models
then the sim pkg would see a lot more use.

It is this steep slope of having to not only learn the package, but to also
simultaneously apply non-existent advanced skills to create accurate models
that keeps Spice on the back burner, particularly when there is no 'good
book' to turn to..

Cheers

Don

* Tracking #: B9BFD39DA96769468A25B0978A3E5B3FF6C44099