On Wed, 31 Jul 2002 14:49:14 -0400, Darryl Newberry wrote:

>BTW, anybody going to join Altium's DXP list? I bet the real reason they are
>creating their own list is so THEY can filter and control the distribution.
>I prefer to bitch here in a public forum where the world can read about it.

I did - the first time I ever tried to join a Yahoo group and the
experience was every bit as bad as I imagined.

I have my own personal 'Privacy Policy'...

Never enter any valid information including email addresses into a web

Never accept persistent cookies.

Always block referer addresses and a variety of 'nosey' scripting
functions.

I also have a personal 'Sanity Policy' which dictates I browse the web
though a filtering proxy which blocks almost all advertising, stops graphic
animations, blocks sounds, activex controls, flash and the majority of
pop-up windows and various other bits of gratuitous crap.

I had to seriously violate both these policies to join and read the Yahoo
group. BTW I notice Premier EDA now has a web site I can stand the sight of
- my filtering proxy is now almost redundant on that site.

Perhaps email subscription would be less onerous, but Yahoo isn't going to
get an email address of mine that I actually bother to read.

Cheers, Terry.

* Tracking #: 3FC1E37364128946BE93426EE7F6CBDCFF87EE37