JaMi,
I have not priced anything very recently there but, VeriBest was not really
origianlly Cadnetix,
like stated Daisy hostily took over Cadnetix the Intergraph bought them for
a song, and it was Intergraph
that developed VeriBest and of course now Mentor owns it all including now
Innoveda (PADS/Viewlogic).
some of the Cadnetix people left were involved in VeriBest's development, as
far as I remember.
Expedition is now Mentor Graphics and is the VeriBest tool. It is the
overall name of the tool series.
There are a 2 levels of the product I think the high end version is called
Pinnacle low end is called Ascent.
Ascent comes in 2 layer, 4 layer, 6 layer, etc versions which means you can
do a 30 layer board just
can only autoroute that # of layers simultaneously that you bought, it is
also a bit limited with rules defiened, but all
the Auto-Interactive routing is there in th elow end I believe.
Check out the Mentor Graphics web site www.mentor.com  for more info. if you
are interested. A 2 layer Ascent is around that 10-12K number,
it does not however come with a gerber viewer or some of the constraint
capability for signal integrity high speed etc.
but either way I only mentioned it because in my opinion it still has the
best Auto-Interactive route capability I have ever
seen, simple as that, and I have used Allegro also. I have not really used
Mentor's BoardStation though.
Bob