JaMi,
Not sure what you are saying about Bentley uStation, ( that was very early
days of VB)
it was the base for only the first 3 revs of VeriBest, the 1st
was on UNIX then VB97 and VB98 on NT, then VB99 dumped all uStation
requirement. Which Intergraph is heavily involved with Bentley not Mentor as
far as I know.
I presume that is why they used Bentley because of Intergrapgh, and possibly
less time to
market with a totaly new product at least the base for graphics and drawing
was done.
It wasn't so much an upgrade (even though it was an upgrade) as it was the
migration path the company was offering
from an end of life product the company bought.
That was a major complaint about the product from me back then
and was very happy to see uStation go away. Problem was it was two
separate editors and you had to keep bouncing back and forth between the two
depending on what function you needed to do. That is perfectly OK as a
separate drafting
tool but not to have your PCB design tool totally dependant on it to
function.
That is also one thing that really gets my goat, when a software company has
two or more different
interfaces for basically the same funtional area. Take for example Protel's
pan function in PCB & Schematic,
right mouse button should do it in both out of the box!! A simple thing but
that really fries me.
Bob