Nick

For a start, if you enter a metric value is SCH rules it 'rounds' it of to imperial
after the dialogue box is closed!

:))

But seriously this is a pain, as those who work natively in metric units have to do a
mental conversion every time these values are reviewed (or enter them again to be
safe), therefore reducing productivity (and increasing frustration). Its pretty shoddy
IMHO.

I have a few samples, all in 99SE I am afraid, as I wont spend the time on DXP as it
does not offer any of the added features I would use, or worth paying ATS for. It will
be more cost effective for me to spend the time evaluating other vendors offerings.

Are you saying that the DB format & units are different in DXP?

For the benefit of clarification do you feel like sharing with us what the native DB
units of the PCB files actually are? and there resolution? and what factors are used
for the conversion?

I will try and forward some files to you as soon as I can collate them with some notes.

Cheers

Best Regards

John A. Ross

RSD Communications Ltd
8 BorrowMeadow Road
Springkerse Industrial Estate
Stirling, Scotland FK7 7UW

Tel     +44 [0]1786 450572 Ext 225 (Office)
Tel     +44 [0]1786 450572 Ext 248 (Lab)
Fax     +44 [0]1786 474653
GSM     +44 [0]7831 373727

Email   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
WWW     http://www.rsd.tv