Yikes! I left home without my autograph book ;-)

The roundoff issues we experience in our particular case do not relate to
'hard' problems but to a general clumsiness in dealing with the numbers
generated when dealing with the 'other' units system. A cleaner units
conversion as a result of the underlying base unit value would require less
toggling of the display and a cleaner way of dealing with the interface
between metric enclosure related issues, imperial board issues & hard metric
components.

The point which I believe that the collective is making is that this is
becoming more & more of an issue as people do finer pitch work & that sooner
rather than later would be both convenient & useful in avoiding the time
when it really does matter and becomes a serious problem.  Conference after
Conference the future direction is smaller & finer & the guys are all
talking in microns.

<end my 2 cents worth>

Cheers

Don Ingram

* Tracking #: 959E7FD16F92FE4285049432FF63931F076B4FDD